Welcome to the Carleton Place and Beckwith Heritage Museum. Erected in 1872, this heritage designated building served the community of Carleton Place as the Town Hall and lock up until 1879, and as Victoria School (as seen below) for 90 years until 1969.
The museum is run by the Carleton Place and Beckwith Historical Society with assistance from the Town of Carleton Place and the Township of Beckwith. Opening as the Victoria School Museum in 1985, the name was changed in 2011 to reflect the scope of it's collection and it's audience.
Please scroll down to read about our exciting mural project "Window Art at the Museum - A New View of the Past"!!